Burn Permits

If you plan to burn vegetative debris on your property, you will need to obtain a burn permit.  Garden Valley, Kelsey and Greenwood residents can obtain a burn permit from Fire Station 51.  For piles 4 feet x 4 feet or less, you need a State burn permit which you can obtain from your local fire station.  The process is very simple and will only take about 5 minutes.  Burn permits are good for three years.

All burning must take place on a designated Burn Day.  Please call (530) 621-5897 or toll free (866) 621-5897 immediately prior to igniting your pile for Burn Day status.  You can also check the Air Quality Control website for burn day status.

If you are burning material in a pile GREATER in size than 4 feet x 4 feet, you MUST obtain a Burn Permit from El Dorado County Air Quality Management District (AQMD):

El Dorado County Air Quality Management District
330 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667
(530) 621-6662 

This site was designed with the
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now